Allow ample time between your arrival and the time of presentation. The programme is tightly scheduled and it is impossible to delay presentation of any scientific paper.
Upon arrival at the congress centre, please check whether any changes in date, time or hall of your presentation have occurred.
All presentations have to be delivered in English. Do not cover too many details. Time your presentation appropriately. Discuss only the major points of your work, supported by the conclusions drawn from your data. Remember that you have to communicate with the audience in a limited time. A rushed presentation is of no use to the audience and your reputation. If you exceed the allotted time, the session chairperson will be forced to terminate your presentation.
Identify yourself to the session chairperson 10 minutes before the session. Follow the instructions of the chairperson strictly; especially regarding the time allotted for your talk, which is 12 minutes in total, 8 minutes for the actual presentation and 4 minutes for discussion. Speak directly into the microphone in a normal voice and do not handle the microphone.
Any laptop/computer presentations have to be installed on the server of the Congress Centre and will be “transferred” to the respective room of the presentation. NO private computers will be allowed to be used for the sessions. Preview of the presentation is possible in the preview room.
• Keep data on each PowerPoint slide simple (better divide it into several slides than a crowded one).
• Use large legible letters.
• Keep pictures of radiographs light (dark slides project poorly in a large auditorium).
• Colour is attractive on data slides but use light colours only.
• White letters on black background are better than black on white.
• Patient confidentiality must be protected.
• Avoid commercial reference. Advertising of products is prohibited.
• In case you bring your *.ppt presentation on a CD-Rom and/or a USB stick please ensure that all data is on the CD-Rom (e.g. embedded video files, extra fonts, special graphs/drawings/pictures).
The general organisation of the preview room for transferring, changing & previewing of your presentation is done with special staff in the Preview Room. Presentations pertaining to a lecture have to be delivered by the speaker at least 2 hours before commencement of the session. The speaker has to load the presentation onto the server since all files are transferred to the relevant lecture hall via the internal network. Only trained personnel will handle your presentation.